So, I auditioned for American Idol in my sleep this morning. (I work graveyard, so it was about 6am.)
I went in and stood on the platform, I sang my little heart out... then fell asleep!!! (This is where real-life sleeping habits kick in.) I saw myself slumped in a chair in the audition room, hearing Ryan Seacrest outside the door saying, "Let's check and see if Amy is awake yet!" I had slept through all the other auditioners, and they were playing clips of me snoring and sleeping throughout the auditions.
I woke up and the camera men were gone, everyone was gone except Simon. He was there in the room playing with trains, waiting for me to wake up (this is where the kids toys on the floor tie in). I freaked out, "oh, Simon! I'm so sorry I fell asleep! Do you want me to sing again? How did I do?"
He looked up, annoyed, "It was brilliant... but now I'm not so sure."
So, I was getting ready to sing again and fell asleep AGAIN! This time I woke up, and Paula was there, reading a magazine. "Oh my goodness, Paula, I can't believe I fell asleep again! Do you want me to sing one more time?"
Paula looked startled, "NO! Here!" She hands me THE yellow paper, "We're sick of waiting for you to stay awake."
Then I was disappointed, I wanted to know I got in because I sang well, not because they were sick of waiting for me.
And that's my dream. At least "I'm going to Hollywood!!!"
How fun! Amy is going to Hollywood!
ReplyDelete