Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"I don't want to be a missionary!"

Funny little story about Patrick this week.

Patrick came out of primary class with a paper that replicated an enlarged missionary name tag with Patrick's name on it... when I asked him about it, he looked disappointed and said, "They did my name wrong!"

"No they didn't, bud," I assured him, "it says 'Elder Garner.'"

"That's not my name!"

I laughed, "Oh, Patrick, when you're a missionary, everyone is called Elder, like in church when we say Brother or Sister Garner. They will call you Elder Garner."

"Aw, then I don't want to be a missionary!" He was really upset, on the verge of tears.

lol That was just too funny... he'll come around soon, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. My little Aiden doesn't want to be a missionary either. lol He wants to be a strippling warrior instead! Ah Book of Mormon memories. I'm sure both our boys will grow up to be fine young missionaries someday. Thanks for the post, it's way funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that is such a cute story! how are you guys doing?

    ReplyDelete