Thursday, December 10, 2009

CPAP is gone for good?

The mask on his face, the CPAP, was taken off yesterday evening... then put back on three hours later, about 10:30pm. But, this morning, an awesome Dr decided to remove the CPAP and just put him on the nasal Capula on a higher level of oxygen, then they can take the level down as he compensates for himself.

I am so happy to see it off! William actually showed a bit of jauntis the last couple days, the least of our worries for sure, because he's at the right place if it really goes anywhere. Today the level was higher than they wanted, so they put him on photo therapy, which is just a simple lamp sending some light into as much exposed skin as possible. Because of that, his eyes have to be covered. So that's kind of a bummer we still can't see his whole face, but his little body is uncovered, and so cute! I was with him for about 2 1/2 hours this morning, he was holding my hand almost the whole time and needed attention for a while. They took off a couple sticky bandages and removed the CPAP while I was there, those little things bothered him a lot. Matthew's with him now and he's sleeping peacefully. I am just so happy we're moving forward and I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

Feeding him is going well, if his belly keeps accepting the milk they're putting down the tube, in two days, he won't need any other IV nutrition - it will be 100% Mom's milk. :) That makes me happy to know I can help him in some way. No new pictures yet, I want one without the eye mask so you can see his face better.

No comments:

Post a Comment