Monday, March 9, 2015

Our Family is complete!

Wow, my facebook has so many purposes now... I think I want to dive back into blogging a little. This is our family blog and I hope the kids will come back and read it some time :)

What's in a name?
We've had a battle for naming baby number 6. Matthew wanted Hannah so badly and hardly considered anything else. I felt Hannah was a big NO for this girl... that name just seems so calm and gentle... it didn't fit her! She was growing in a war-torn uterus, endured my surgery like a little rock star and just said "STRONG" to me... She is coming in as number six, when we've started homeschooling and I'm overcoming health issues and such. So Matthew and I narrowed down names we both liked on a list and Danica stuck for about a month. A few weeks before she was born, it wasn't settling with me as names did for our other five children. They were all named way earlier in pregnancy and I loved it that way.

I was in labor and demanding that Matthew and I settled on THE name. He mentioned Erica. He seemed to like it, so did I. He looked up the meaning, the Norse translation: Forever Strong. YES, that's it! We didn't say it 100% for sure until she was born, but we love it and it fits her.

Patrick holds her as our extra pair of hands, which is GREAT! She is very trusting of him and Stephen holding her, and calms right down. I love those boys for dropping what they are doing to help with her. William loves her so much and often says out of the blue, "Mommy, I love Erica." awww! Sariah loves her too, and loves to hold her. Julia had NO desire to hold her or anything for about a week, once she held her, she was smitten too. She wanted to pat her head, kiss her and hold her every day ever since :)

She was born January 5, 2015. 5 pounds, 12 ounces, breathing amazingly well... had an unnecessary 5 day stay in the NICU, but we won't get into that! We are blessed and happy to have her and also very happy to say we're DONE. haha

I'll add pics later of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment