Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Taping toddlers to a wall is your best bet

Without angels/the Holy Ghost, I'm sure I would only have one or two children alive at this point. 

I was doing chores downstairs with the boys and asked Stephen to go check to see if Erica (4 mos) was still sleeping and what Julia (2 yrs) was up to... The boys move way faster than me, so it's much quicker that way.
A few minutes later, he brought Erica to me with a story to tell.
Julia was just holding Erica upside down at the waist with her head touching the floor, right by my bed (where Erica was left sleeping). 
(um... holy crap!!!)
But Stephen brought her to me happy, I was so confused by that. Then he explained how he laid with her on the bed and sang the ABC's.
Lessons learned: 
*the timing for me feeling the need to check on her probably prevented a tiny Julia from attempting to carry her chunky sister away (probably dragging her head or dropping her in the process).
*Stephen is so kind to have rescued and calmed Erica so sweetly.
*Julia's butt would be pretty red if it was ME that made the discovery. (Believe what you will about spanking, when they put themselves or a sibling in danger - they earn a spanking.)

Erica is smiling, happy and healthy. Julia is safe in jail...er, crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment