Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Do you watch Jon & Kate plus 8?

Hi everyone. I know that's a silly title, but I've watched that family since their show started.

For those that don't know, they're a couple with twins and sextuplets with a reality show on TLC. Recently, Jon's been acting like a teenager, going to clubs and such while Kate was on a book tour. There were rumor's he was having a full-out affair, but he's denying it, so we'll say the worst is his questionable behavior. Good husbands know going to a night club when married is a no no!

So, their lives have been in the limelight anyway and now they're in the tabloids. The latest episode included them addressing the latest "news" of their drama and Kate feels they're on the brink of divorce - mostly Jon's choice.

This is too ironic. I was watching an episode from the last season when Matthew was living in New York. At the time, I thought I was on the brink of divorce and in their episode, they renewed their wedding vows - a big shabang in Hawaii. I remember crying because I wanted a marriage like that. I wanted to be so in love and commited that we would publicly do it over again.

Now, I'm so happy to report, my marriage is the BEST it has ever been. Seriously, though we still have daily blahness and frustrations that come with life and kids - I'm more happily married now than I was as a newlywed. Matthew and I really have changed as people over time, and it could've played a part in breaking us apart. I don't know what did it. I certainly know my time of being the only parent with the boys for 6 months dished me some humility I never expected... I don't know what took place in Matthew's mind and heart as well - but truly, he has exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say I feel I don't deserve him. I was "public" on this blog about our issues, so I am happy to be public that we are doing GREAT. I am SO happy I didn't file for a divorce.

As in Ratatouille, "the only thing predictable about life is it's unpredictability." I thought we were going to have a ton to get over to have a happy marriage and it would take a long time to recover. But I've been in bliss for 3 months and can't wait to see what the future holds. Marriage is a looooooooong road, but I certainly have more faith and hope in changes that can take place within us and our relationship for the good.

Seeing Jon and Kate's update today made me cry in sadness for them, but made me very grateful and happy for how far we've come. If being apart for 6 months is what it took for this miracle, I would do it over again for the same results any day.

I love you honey!

3 comments: