Monday, December 14, 2009

William Today :)

I just wanted to give you an update. William has still been off oxygen, they're confident he's way passed the point of needing it. They have a hose that blows some out to hold in front of his face if his oxygen saturation drops, they've only had to use it twice for a couple minutes since Saturday.

I get to try nursing him 3 times/day... at first, he was very tired and it was moving slow, now he's doing much better. His Jauntis came back up a little, so he was under the light again yesterday afternoon. That makes him extra tired, so it slows the nursing progress. He should be over it by the morning because the levels dropped significantly overnight. Let's hope it stays that way.

The only thing keeping William here is the fact he needs to nurse on his own and gain weight on a regular basis. He's even off the IV fluids. We feel like we're SO CLOSE, but it could still be 5 or 6 days. I hope he stays healthy and strong and we have him home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment