quite selfish when it comes to my babies and I would've traded it all for being able to bring William home right away. Obviously, the Lord had a different plan for little Will and his family. Having him home has been wonderful. Matthew and I have a hard time putting him down when he's awake. Patrick and Stephen are really good about their little brother's situation. They'll probably think it's not normal when the oxygen tank is gone!
I don't know if I posted it or not, but I still had some high blood pressure hanging around from the pre-eclampsia issues. I got to cut the dose in half today and hopefully I'll be off it in a week! It makes me very tired and dizzy once in a while. Pre-eclamsia is an awful, scary thing. I feel bad for any woman who's had it and I never EVER want to have it again.
I want to say thank you so much to my family who's helped a TON with the boys over the last month. My mom, my sister and my sister-in-law Lisa have been SOOO helpful, and with short notice too. Matthew and I got to see William any chance we had. The opportunity to nurse William in the hospital was SO precious to me, I could not have done it without their help. I was making 4-6 trips to the hospital every day and Matthew had to work for a lot of that. Thank you gals so much!
Here are some pictures and I'm off to bed!
Patrick and Stephen were very happy to be able to see William up close! I couldn't get my mom to look away from this darling child long enough for a picture.
This is the handy, compact oxygen tank that goes everywhere our child goes! Our Doctor's appointment this morning was an adventure.
Matthew gets to put him in the car! Each one of these simple things made me cry. I was so happy to finally be one of the families loading a child in.Matthew and I kept our hospital bracelets on for all 16 days he was in the NICU, it was GREAT to be able to finally cut them off!!! We couldn't take them off any sooner because it made us feel connected to William when we couldn't be there.


William looks so small in those pictures! That would be really hard to haul an oxygen tank around when you have to take him places. We've never had to do that!
ReplyDelete