
They started William's nasal canula (I called it capula last post, sorry)... at 4 liters... they weaned him down to 3.5, then 2, then 1 this morning. While I was there, they took it out!!! William is now breathing completely on his own! I REALLY hope it stays that way!
His Jauntis is also cleared up, so no more photo therapy, no more mask over his eyes! The only thing he has on his face is a feeding tube, and that might be gone soon too! The nurse believed I could try breastfeeding him tomorrow. :) I am so excited! SO MUCH good news, I can't contain myself.
One Dr suggested it would only be a couple days before he could go home once he could try nursing, but the nurse today said that could take 7 days. :( I hope not. Matthew was saying she only said that because she doesn't want to see him go, because he's so cute! And I must agree.
We're still praying he keeps it up and I am again, letting myself get my hopes up and planning on bringing him home Sunday or Monday. Yay!
I must agree, even with stuff on his face I can see that you definitely make cute babies! I love how awake he looks in some of the pics! I can't wait to hold him!!
ReplyDelete